Germany

Germany

Riffgat connection down for two weeks

GERMANY: Tennet Offshore has temporarily shut down the to-shore cable link for the Riffgat wind farm in the German North Sea for more than two weeks.

The Riffgat project was commissioned in February following delays
The Riffgat project was commissioned in February following delays

The transmission operator did not provide a reason for the shutdown which started on 26 July and will last until 12 August. A spokesperson was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Windpower Monthly.

Riffgat has been plagued with problems including an unplanned cable outage in March. It is not clear whether this latest down time is related to this earlier incident.

The project was only connected to the grid in February after significant delays caused by the discovery and clearance of unexploded munitions along the cable route.

It is 90% owned by EWE, with the remaining 10% held by Enova.

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Offshore Events

Latest Offshore Wind Jobs

Latest Offshore Wind Jobs